So, so much has happened since I last wrote.
- my husband accepted a new position with his company. (Which included a move HOME to New Mexico!)
- I did a serious happy dance (ok, maybe several happy dances)And I called everyone I know to share the great news.
- We put our house in Colorado on the market. Which included cleaning, storing all personal decorative items plus about half of all of our other stuff)
- We started shopping for houses in New Mexico (which included several 16 hour round trips in the car with three littles – and one without)
- Our house in Colorado was shown multiple times (which meant quick clean ups and rushing 3 littles out of the house)
- Our house in Colorado sold! Yippee!
- We put an offer on a house in New Mexico. It was accepted.
- We WAITED. (For what seemed forever- but was really more like 3 weeks)
- We MOVED!
So, as you can imagine, that left little time for art.
But I had already finished two pieces.
And THIS one, like me is totally comfortable in its new home.
Now, keep in mind, I had NO idea we were moving back when I painted this, let alone what color the new living room or mantel would be!
I LOVE that it seems made for this place. Can’t wait to get a terrific frame for it.
. . . . . and I LOVE being HOME!